Dream Route Omnibus
- Story Title: Dream Route Omnibus - The Universal Bus Pass
- Elevator Pitch: The Multiversal Metro System has existed as long as dreams have, magic buses capable of transversing the starlit roads of the astral, to bring travelers to destinations far and plenty. All it takes is some Frogcoins, or for the luckiest few a golden omnibus pass, which is just the item you are saving up for. Complete quests for frogcoins, earn your ticket to the stars, meet bizarre individuals from strange worlds, near and far, maybe even fight the cosmic nightmare while your at it.
- The Story starts in the Frogzaar, that’s the famous Bazaar of the Frogkin, among these many tents full of wondrous goods, some dastardly do-no-good-er has pilfered your return ticket leaving you stranded in the markets until you manage to get enough coins for a bus home, will you rely on the charity of others, earn your pass, track down the thief, or steal your way back home. Then once securing bus access the world opens up to a number of other Omnibus stops each with their own theme and story options.
- The Intro hub of the Frogzaar, serves as a starting location, and a safe sandbox for individuals to be introduced to the card elements of LiveTale, a Tutorial level of sorts. It also doubles as the magical market place of the setting meaning players have reason to return should they accumulate frogcoins elsewhere.
Other Bus Stops include:
- The Crawdandy Dome: an underwater coliseum built for the entertainment of Seaslug-folk known as Merqans in the world of Sealantis.
- The Posthive: A honeycomb postal service sorting facilty in the world of Waxenstamp home and hive of the Bezzith, special little deliver-bees.
- The Shroom Room: a Tavern in the Grand Swamp, come for the fizzy fungi, stay for the stories of the Mothims, keepers of the lanterns.
- The Streets of Lownest: Dodo street Races a plenty in the land of lawless birds.
…and many others given time and resources.
- Toadberto: Reliable Bus Driver of the Dreamroutes, relatable family frogkin.
- Zelbuzz: Bezzith down on her luck, needs help delivering letters.
- Lampbert: Mothim Bartender at the Shroom Room.
- Madlad Mareea: Flamingan Dodo Racer with a chip on her shoulder.
Other Notable Aspects of the World:
- Frogcoins: Universal Currency
- Many Species unique to the setting: Mentioned above: Merqans, Frogkins, Mothims, Flamingans, but within the vastness of the Dream routes anything can exist!
- Multiversal Madness: Endless possibilities for weirdness.
In addition to all the above, and countless other possibles, the Dream routes are under attack by a cosmic nightmare, undoers of the dreams between. They’d likely show up sooner or later, definitely shuffled into the deck of the setting.
The Shroom Room bus stop.
A Mushroom tavern and potion shop found in in the Grand Swamp. Assets would be fungi forest themed, red and purple with bright green wood accents, the swamp itself leaning into this color scheme, with mushrooms instead of trees and lily pads and lotuses. Quests include gathering supplies for potions, and slaying dire catfish.
Frogzaar Tent Examples
As one can see the Frogzaar is not just for Frogkin! They are simply the hosts of this bizarre bazaar, and the manufacturers of Frog coins, the multiverse over!
The Shroom Room (interior) and Lampbert the Bartender
Madlad Mareea riding a racing dodo.
For additional information and images, I have set up a very WIP world anvil at: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/dream-route-omnibus-gooserune
@GooseRune Very cool concept! I like the insectoid character art. I got a giggle out of "The Shroom Room" - very smart wordcraft there.